American Turkey GoulashIngredients
4 portions wheat egg noodles (about 8 oz uncooked)
1 onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 zucchini, sliced
4 portions lean ground turkey (about 1 lb)
2 cups tomato sauce
dried basil (or 2 Tbsp fresh chopped basil)
2 Tbsp red cooking wine
- Prepare egg noodles according to package directions.
- Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Over medium-high heat, saute chopped onion for 2 minutes. Add bell pepper to the onion and saute for another 2 minutes or so. Add zucchini and saute until softened. Removed vegetables from the skillet and set aside.
- Add ground turkey to the skillet and saute until no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
- When the ground turkey is done, return vegetables to the skillet. Add tomato sauce, basil and red wine. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- Place a portion of noodles on each plate and top with a portion of turkey mixture. Serve and enjoy!