- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb Sweet Italian Sausage (I can usually only find links)
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 24 oz package of fresh cheese Tortellini
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce (1-24 oz jar) + 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Remove skins from Italian Sausage.
- Heat olive oil in an oven safe skillet. Add sausage (I usually tear each link apart by hand and add small bite-size pieces) and cook until no longer pink.
- Add spaghetti sauce, Italian seasoning, water, and tortellini. Stir until combined.
- Bring mixture to boil and turn down to low. Cover and simmer for about 8 minutes or until tortellini is soft. While pasta is cooking, turn broiler on (optional).
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan evenly over top.
- Place pan in the broiler for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.Or, if your skillet is not oven safe, you could just put the lid back on and let the heat from the pasta melt the cheese.