Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Almost done whining

So, today and yesterday, feels like my throat is raw. It hurts to eat anything. Who knew getting your tonsils out as an adult was really this bad? Yes, I know they told me, but I didn't really believe them, not after seeing PM do it at 3 and it wasn't all that bad.

Yesterday, BD even stopped at Chick-Fil-A and picked me up one of these:

Yeah baby, that's a Cookies-n-Creme milkshake. My absolute favorite! And guess what, it hurt too bad to drink! All I had all day yesterday was a cup of red jello with fruit in it, courtesy of PM.

Today I get up hoping it will be better, but no luck. Heck, it hurts just to eat a piece of ice. I tried jello, no go. So, when BD, PM and DQ sat down to dinner, I warmed up some good 'ole Egg Drop Soup. And guess what, it worked! So, BD decided to get me some water that was a little bit warm and that worked ok too! I even managed to get through the pain and eat a 100 calorie chocolate and vanilla pudding cup while watching American Idol, which we'll talk about that later.

I think for these few days, while the scabbing is coming off and the new skin is being exposed, I need to stick with lukewarm things. Tomorrow, I shall polish off the rest of that Egg Drop Soup for lunch, but I plan to try Oatmeal for breakfast.

On to American Idol... I was ok with the decision to send Melinda home. I mean Jordin I can see as very marketable and Blake too. Melinda is an awesome singer, don't get me wrong, I think she blows the other two away, but I just can't see her as a very marketable individual. So, don't shoot me, but I think it was the right decision. Oh, and if you didn't already see who got the boot, sorry for the give away there.

No comments: