Monday, February 19, 2007

Back from the dead (well almost)

Friday I wasn't feeling all that well, but decided to go ahead and tough it out (as we mothers tend to do) and head out to a restaurant after my kids basketball game. I met about 6 other mothers there and we proceeded to have a wonderful time. After one glass of Pinot Noir and two margaritas, I called it quits on the drinking and headed for a potty break. When I came back, another margarita had magically appeared. I tried to drink a sip, but realized that no, I didn't want or need it, so I passed it off. That should have been a clue that I really was sick. Instead of fessing up, I headed home and crawled in bed, thinking I would be fine by the morning.

WRONG! At 2AM, I was up puking my guts out and had a fever of 102.2 (which for me is really high because my normal range is 96.5 - 97.3). So, after getting BD to get me the only adult medicine we had in the house, Aleve, and an extra blanket, I drifted back off into oblivion. BD slept on the couch and called the doctor at 8AM to find out what time their Urgent Care opened. I dragged myself out of bed and to the urgent care. Luckily, getting there before 8:30 allows you to not have to wait hours on end. Turns out my enormous tonsils were seething with the lovely strep bacteria yet again. So, back on antibiotics it was for me.

That was Saturday morning. Today, my fever has only been up to 99.5. Yeah! Seriously, at least I don't feel like I want to shoot myself anymore... I'll be back with more humor hopefully in the next few days. Right now though, I need to evacuate the room I am in on the computer because it also houses my cats litter box and she just left a heft deposit in there!

No comments: