Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Gas, gas, gas, and not the free kind...

you get by eating too much chili! ARGH! I could pull my hair out and shoot some news stations around here! Since the hurricane, supply has been lower and many gas stations ran out early of the premium and mid-grade. Now, many are running low on regular as well. Well, what does the news media do (again) start a panic! People are filling up their cars and all of their gas cans. I knew nothing about this and had planned to get gas this evening while DQ was at choir practice. Of the three stations I went to, only one was completely out, but the other three had lines out the wazoo! I am talking 15 cars or more in lines in the roads! I called a friend who said every station between our town and Charlotte on the road we take to work every day was out this evening too. So, I had 1/4 tank and figured, maybe I would either try to ride the bus the next two days or just work from home one day, if it came down to it. It is hard to catch the bus, due to the time I can drop the kids off at the school, so I haven't been riding. I can't really get there in time.

Luckily, as I was coming home, I remembered a small Texaco station just past our neighborhood and figured I would just check it out. Luckily, they had gas and there weren't any long lines! image So, while the people up the road were wasting theirs, just sitting in line, I pulled up, filled up and went home...

No comments: