Sunday, September 23, 2007

I did it!

From May 7, when I had my tonsils out, to yesterday, I have lost 19 pounds! I feel like singing the Dora song when she gets to where she is going. You know the one, "We did it, we did it, we did it, yay!".

Anyway, what I am most proud of is the fact that I did it without any diet aids. I went from a snug size 8 in pants, that had to be hemmed, to a perfect 6 petite. In regular sizes, I can do a 4, but they still have to be shortened. I never realized I was so short, until my pants started hitting at the right part of my body.

So, yesterday, I went shopping. Oh boy, did I go shopping. I spent way, way too much. I ended up taking a lot of it back today, but all together I think I am out over $400. That said, when I added up the regular price of the clothes, before all of the discounts, it was over $800, so I think I did pretty good. You figure, I had to pretty much buy an entirely new fall wardrobe. I literally had 2 pairs of nice work pants that fit. And, for some reason, I have sleeveless shirts galore, but no short sleeve. It jumped right to long sleeve. So, I bought a lot of short sleeve too. I was surprised to see that I went from a Medium to a Small in most of the shirts as well.

In all, it was a very good weekend! I will definitely keep the weight off too. I figure if I keep it off all winter, I may end up selling my nice dress slacks on eBay next Fall. I am afraid to now, although I definitely don't want to gain that back! I really would like to drop about 3 more as well.

In case you are wondering how I actually lost the weight, it was actually pretty simple. I have been eating Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal for breakfast most days. Other days I cheat. I have a healthy lunch, salad greens with chicken or South Beach Diet frozen meals or Lean Cuisines. Of course, there are days I cheat. I don't really deprive myself. In the afternoon, I have a cup of Activia yogurt and some fresh fruit. I usually end up snacking on a few Hershey kisses (the ones filled with caramel) and some actual caramels as well. Then, I have a smaller dinner. I eat whatever the rest of the family is having, although we do try to make them healthy meals. I just don't eat as much or as late. Every weekend, I relax and eat what I want. At first, I really splurged, and there are still some weekends I do. Others, I don't really bother. As for drinks, I don't drink anything except water (flavored with True Lemon or Crystal Light), milk and some juices. I dropped soda a long time ago. Of course, on the weekends, there are the occasional cocktails. Can't do without those Key Lime Pie Martini's!

As for exercise. I have been walking 2.25 miles three mornings a week. I go out at 5:30 am with a neighbor and am back by 6:00 am. Three mornings a week, I also do 16 minutes of other exercises. I do Jorge Cruises 8 Minutes in the Morning to a Flat Belly and his 8 Minutes in the Morning to Lean Hips and Thighs.

That's it. I wish I had done this all much sooner instead of wasting on that money on Lipo 6. What a complete waste of money that was. If I can do it, anyone can!

3 comments:

qofd said...

Congrats! WOO HOO! Doesn't it feel great to do it the right way?

Dawn said...

You Rock!!

Shayne said...

That is awesome! Congrats on the weight loss! You're an inspiration!