Saturday, July 07, 2007

Bursting

Do you ever feel like you are going to burst you are so proud of one of your children? At 5 1/2, PM is making me feel this way. First, I took him to the swim club today (BD dropped DQ off later) and he makes friends so easily. But, then he did the un-imaginable, he jumped off the diving board without any assistance! The first time, he asked that I "catch" him. I did that with him twice and he came up by himself and swam to the side without any help. The third time, one of his friends who is about 6 months older stayed in the water to swim with him to the side, in case PM got in trouble and he did fine. After that, there was no stopping him! Cannonball after cannonball, he jumped off that diving board into 12 ft of water, came back up and swam to the side. We need to work on his stroke, but he has definitely got the confidence!

DQ on the other hand, has not wanted to go under water, even with goggles on. But, today, she decided it was time I guess. She started by just sticking her face in for a second or two. By the time we left the pool, she was going all the way under and holding her breath! I really hope she is swimming by the end of the summer to. I think she will be, we just need to give her a little confidence!

Now, tonight, DQ has a friend trying to stay the night for the first time ever. PM has been pretty good and helpful. He is outside with BD right now catching lighting bugs and it just warms my heart to see how excited he is when he catches one.

I guess it is one of those days where I just want to smother him with love I am so proud!

No comments: