Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Growing up

You are going to hear a lot about growing up for a while, as both PM and DQ having birthdays soon. I still cannot believe that PM is going to be 5. It just seems so old. I am noticing more of the little things lately that show me how much he has grown. Last night, we had DQ and PM stand with their backs to each other. They used to be only about 1/2" different. Now they are at least 2" different. My how he has grown, physically.

Mentally is a whole other ballgame. His mind is just so sharp! Last night, BD was working on one of his books with him and I got to do the last page, as BD had to go and lay with DQ for a few minutes. WOW! I am so amazed at him! He is really reading and sounding out words he doesn't know. When we were done with the book, he proceeded to dim his ceiling fan light with the remote himself. He said, "I know how to do it better than you now mommy!"

Where did my little boy go? He can get dressed all by himself. He can button up his shirts. He can put away his dishes and his milk. He can help push his sister on the swings. He can let the dogs out everyday when we get home and feed them. He can clean up his room and the playroom and help DQ with hers. He can tell his left from his right. He knows when a car has their left blinker on that they are turning left (he told me this on the way to school this morning). Now he can read...

1 comment:

Mary said...

TiVo for kids, now that is a great idea!