Cooking spray and 12 cupcake/muffin tin liners
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup (2 oz) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 tablespoons amaretto
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream (I used fat free)
1/4 cup 2% reduced-fat milk (I used skim)
3/4 cup finely chopped Gala apple
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter, chilled
2 tablespoons sliced almonds (I omitted)
1 cup powdered sugar
4 teaspoons 2% reduced-fat milk (I used skim)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place muffin cup liners in 12 muffin cups; coat with cooking spray.
- Spoon 1 1/2 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Combine granulated sugar, cream cheese and 1/4 cup butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until well blended. Add amaretto, vanilla and egg to sugar mixture; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended.
- Combine sour cream and 1/4 cup milk in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until well blended.
- Combine apple and 1 tablespoon flour in a small bowl; toss well.
- Add flour mixture and sour cream mixture alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour. Beat just until blended.
- Fold in apple mixture with spoon.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- To prepare the streusel, combine 2 tablespoons flour, brown sugar and ground cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in 2 tablespoons butter with a pastry blender or fork, until mixture resembles coarse meal; stir in almonds (I omitted).
- Sprinkle streusel evenly over cupcakes.
- Bake at 350 for 27 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes on wire rack and remove the cupcakes from the pan.
- To prepare glaze, combine powdered sugar and 4 teaspoons milk in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Drizzle glaze over cupcakes.
With the glaze below, I messed up though and did 4 tablespoons instead of teaspoons of milk, so my glaze is W-A-Y too runny! I'll do better next time!