While I was out after having my tonsils out, I was sitting on the couch when the strangest thing happened. I heard a pop and as I turned my head, I saw in slow motion the glass globe over one of our ceiling mount hall lights fall to the floor. It is amazing how things like that seem to happen in slow motion. I let out a small scream, as much as I could muster and looked over the back of the couch. What I saw amazed me. The globe had shattered all over the floor. It was in tiny pieces everywhere.
I ended up calling BD to come home before he went to pick up the kids from school to clean it up, as this was when I was really sick from surgery still. Afterwards, he went around and checked all of the other ones we have (we have a total of 8 in our house). Every single one with the exception of one was loose. So, now after four years, they have been tightened. Hopefully this will prevent another accident like this. If none of the others had been loose, I would have sworn we had a ghost or something!
For now, I have to take one of the other ones off and take it, along with our original paperwork back to the lighting place to see about getting a replacement.Oh the joys... Here are few pictures.
First, the shattered glass on the floor. The floor is actually scratched in a circular pattern where the globe hit.
Here is the biggest piece that survived:Finally, this is what you now see in my main hallway that you can even see from the front door downstairs. I figure if I leave it like this it will give me incentive to get to the lighting shop. So far, it hasn't worked. Maybe next week.