Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Everything in Moderation

I have been very good in my eating lately. I allowed myself a free-day on Saturday, and trust me, I went all out. But, last night, I fell off the wagon. You see, nothing seems to taste right still. For some reason, at the back of the mouth, at the top where that thingy in the middle hangs down, it is still swollen. It doesn't hurt, but the swelling is annoying and nothing tastes right. I want a good steak, we make them, yuck. There is always this bad aftertaste and sometimes the taste is bad while I am eating too. I am so fed up with this!

So, onto last night. We had a roll of Nestle Chocolate Chip cookie dough (which everyone knows tastes better than that other brand) in the fridge that has been there since I had my surgery back at the beginning of May. I have been waiting and waiting to eat it until I thought it would taste good. Well, last night, I gave up. I cracked that baby open, plopped down on the couch and went to town. BD joined me. Well, it didn't really taste that good. I am so bummed! All of those calories for nothing! Luckily, I had told myself when I started that I wouldn't eat as much at one sitting as I used to. Everything in moderation you know...

No comments: