Thursday, November 30, 2006

Christmas in the South

Sorry to offend anyone, but since I have lived here since 1999, I guess I would be offending myself too! Anyway, today I took the kids to the Christmas parade in the tiny town their school is in. It wasn't anything that big, just lots of police/fire/ambulances/people that thought they were important, a few floats/ one band, etc... driving making noise and throwing out candy.

Anyway, on to my southern/redneck thing...

This parade is for the kids right? Well, one car with two older people on sitting on the open convertible on the back were throwing out candy with one hand and the guy was smoking a cigar and the woman a cigarette with their other hands. As one local radio personality would say, JEEZ!

1 comment:

Kari said...

I've lived in TN since 1995. It's amazing what rednecks do or think is acceptable behavior. Blows the mind.