Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Sickies go away!

Uh-oh... I think PM may have something more than an asthma flare-up. He felt warm before we left for school today and when I took his temperature, it was 99.9. I went ahead and took him anyway and asked his teacher to call me if he isn't feeling good. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't get any higher.

I hate this time of year for the sickies... With the weather hopping back and forth between hot and cool, it just throws everyone's immune systems into a tailspin. DQ has a tummyache and her ears hurt, which really means that her throat hurts. The pediatrician did a strep test and it was negative, but yet she still insists things hurt. PM has a bad cough, a result of his asthma and is back on the Singulair pill daily. He is also back on nebulizer treatments. Xoponex and Pulmicort in the morning and evening and then Xoponex every four hours during the day. I was so hoping we were done with those. He has had them since he was a baby (I think around 9 months) and I HATE doing them. It just breaks my heart that what I passed down to my adorable little PM was asthma...

No comments: